Get the tags applied by an individual user to an artist on Last.fm. If accessed as an authenticated service /and/ you don't supply a user parameter then this service will return tags for the authenticated user. To retrieve the list of top tags applied to an artist by all users use artist.getTopTags.
Example URLsTo get an example URL for this API call you'll first need to join Last.fm and then get an API account.
Paramsartist (Required (unless mbid)] : The artist name
mbid (Optional) : The musicbrainz id for the artist
user (Optional) : If called in non-authenticated mode you must specify the user to look up
autocorrect[0|1] (Optional) : Transform misspelled artist names into correct artist names, returning the correct version instead. The corrected artist name will be returned in the response.
api_key (Required) : A Last.fm API key.
AuthThis service does not require authentication.
<tags artist="Sally Shapiro"> <tag> <name>italo</name> <url>http://www.last.fm/tag/italo</url> </tag> ... </tags>
- 2 : Invalid service - This service does not exist
- 3 : Invalid Method - No method with that name in this package
- 4 : Authentication Failed - You do not have permissions to access the service
- 5 : Invalid format - This service doesn't exist in that format
- 6 : Invalid parameters - Your request is missing a required parameter
- 7 : Invalid resource specified
- 8 : Operation failed - Something else went wrong
- 9 : Invalid session key - Please re-authenticate
- 10 : Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by last.fm
- 11 : Service Offline - This service is temporarily offline. Try again later.
- 13 : Invalid method signature supplied
- 16 : There was a temporary error processing your request. Please try again
- 26 : Suspended API key - Access for your account has been suspended, please contact Last.fm
- 29 : Rate limit exceeded - Your IP has made too many requests in a short period