Create a web service session for a user. Used for authenticating a user when the password can be inputted by the user. Only suitable for standalone mobile devices. See the authentication how-to for more. You must use HTTPS and POST in order to use this method.
Paramspassword (Required) : The password in plain text.
username (Required) : The last.fm username.
api_key (Required) : A Last.fm API key.
api_sig (Required) : A Last.fm method signature. See authentication for more information.
AuthThis service does not require authentication.
<lfm status="ok"> <session> <name>MyLastFMUsername</name> <key>d580d57f32848f5dcf574d1ce18d78b2</key> <subscriber>0</subscriber> </session> </lfm>
This method has other parameters which are now deprecated and should not be used.
authToken parameterA previous version of auth.getMobileSession accepted an authToken parameter in place of password, where authToken was defined as:
authToken = md5(username + md5(password))We recommend all clients update to the latest version as support for authToken will be removed in the future.
- 4 : You must use POST in order to use this method.
- 2 : Invalid service - This service does not exist
- 3 : Invalid Method - No method with that name in this package
- 4 : Authentication Failed - You do not have permissions to access the service
- 5 : Invalid format - This service doesn't exist in that format
- 6 : Invalid parameters - Your request is missing a required parameter
- 7 : Invalid resource specified
- 8 : Operation failed - Something else went wrong
- 9 : Invalid session key - Please re-authenticate
- 10 : Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by last.fm
- 11 : Service Offline - This service is temporarily offline. Try again later.
- 13 : Invalid method signature supplied
- 16 : There was a temporary error processing your request. Please try again
- 26 : Suspended API key - Access for your account has been suspended, please contact Last.fm
- 29 : Rate limit exceeded - Your IP has made too many requests in a short period