Get a list of the recent tracks listened to by this user. Also includes the currently playing track with the nowplaying="true" attribute if the user is currently listening.
Example URLsTo get an example URL for this API call you'll first need to join Last.fm and then get an API account.
Paramslimit (Optional) : The number of results to fetch per page. Defaults to 50. Maximum is 200.
user (Required) : The last.fm username to fetch the recent tracks of.
page (Optional) : The page number to fetch. Defaults to first page.
from (Optional) : Beginning timestamp of a range - only display scrobbles after this time, in UNIX timestamp format (integer number of seconds since 00:00:00, January 1st 1970 UTC). This must be in the UTC time zone.
extended (0|1) (Optional) : Includes extended data in each artist, and whether or not the user has loved each track
to (Optional) : End timestamp of a range - only display scrobbles before this time, in UNIX timestamp format (integer number of seconds since 00:00:00, January 1st 1970 UTC). This must be in the UTC time zone.
api_key (Required) : A Last.fm API key.
AuthThis service does not require authentication.
<recenttracks user="RJ" page="1" perPage="10" totalPages="3019"> <track nowplaying="true"> <artist mbid="2f9ecbed-27be-40e6-abca-6de49d50299e">Aretha Franklin</artist> <name>Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves</name> <mbid/> <album mbid=""/> <url>www.last.fm/music/Aretha+Franklin/_/Sisters+Are+Doing+It+For+Themselves</url> <date uts="1213031819">9 Jun 2008, 17:16</date> <streamable>1</streamable> </track> ... </recenttracks>
Other FormatsAlso available as a feed in rss,json formats
- 2 : Invalid service - This service does not exist
- 3 : Invalid Method - No method with that name in this package
- 4 : Authentication Failed - You do not have permissions to access the service
- 5 : Invalid format - This service doesn't exist in that format
- 6 : Invalid parameters - Your request is missing a required parameter
- 7 : Invalid resource specified
- 8 : Operation failed - Something else went wrong
- 9 : Invalid session key - Please re-authenticate
- 10 : Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by last.fm
- 11 : Service Offline - This service is temporarily offline. Try again later.
- 13 : Invalid method signature supplied
- 16 : There was a temporary error processing your request. Please try again
- 26 : Suspended API key - Access for your account has been suspended, please contact Last.fm
- 29 : Rate limit exceeded - Your IP has made too many requests in a short period